What are the symptoms of a cold?
lethargy and drowsiness
How to deal with the first signs of a cold
It is important that you take urgent measures before contacting a doctor so that you do not get hurt even more. Here is an example list of what you need to do immediately if you observe several of the above symptoms of a cold:
- immediately take off your wet clothes, change into everything clean and dry
- keep your feet warm and dry (put on woolen socks, warm boots, hold your feet in a bowl of hot water)
- take a large dose of vitamin C - up to 1-2 grams, it is better to divide into several parts (before taking read carefully the instructions or consult a doctor, because there are contraindications)
- drink more (it is better not only hot tea, but also a rosehip broth, because it contains a high concentration of vitamin C)
- if the temperature is high, then drink tea with raspberry jam, cranberry juice, honey with warm milk
- you can take a warm bath (but only if there is no high temperature) and go to bed immediately
- you can make inhalation and “breathe” over garlic, for example. There are many recipes for inhalations. They are also best done if there is no high temperature.
- Lemon with honey is very useful (the main thing is that it is not honey before going out, because it warms up and you can sweat, and even get cold)
- you need to eat well so that there is no feeling of hunger, so that the body has the strength to fight the infection
- ventilate the room in which the infected person is
- if a sore throat, then burnt sugar is useful, it is easy to make it yourself: pour a little sugar in a teaspoon and a few drops of water, hold for a couple of minutes over the stove so that the sugar in the spoon melts and starts to “sizzle”, then it hardens and tastes delicious lozenges that can be absorbed, it treats sore throats well.